Video Editing

As many of you know, I have tons of video files of sailing from our latest visit to Lake Groton to use for producing a relatively short sailing video.  I have already sorted through all the video.  That alone took hours considering most of the video clips are 30 minutes long.  So, now I have a pretty good list of shorter video clips to cut from the longer clips.

Now that I've put together a storyboard and am now trying to produce this video, I am running into a problem with my video editing software freezing up on me and crashing.  I spent hours working on an ending last night and never accomplished a thing because my software kept freezing up.

I've figured out how I want to start the video and have created most of that already.  Now I am playing with a couple of ideas for ending the video.  I want to put together a couple of different versions and then put them aside and work on putting together the meat of the video...  the middle.  Then after I have the middle put together, I'll go back to the endings and decide which one works best.

I've been really excited about putting together this video because this is the first video where I am using multiple camera angles. This is the first video where I have already had a plan in my head before I even picked up a camera.  Because of all this thought out planning, I have been excited about the prospect of putting together a very polished sailing video.  Unfortunately, either I am having a frustrating problem with my computer or the video editing software.

One thought is that maybe the computer doesn't have enough RAM.  I'm leaning toward thinking this is the major problem.  Or, it could be the software itself.  I know others have complained about this particular software freezing and crashing often.  But, to be honest, this could indeed be caused by a lack of sufficient RAM.

Anyway, I'm working on the video but am encountering some difficulties.  Being limited by money and equipment can be amazingly frustrating...  and this problem is indeed amazingly frustrating.

Regardless, I do hope to have this video produced and published online within the next two weeks...

Let's keep our fingers crossed....

Comments