Summer Break from Medical Appointments is Over

Since being clobbered by Systemic Mastocytosis well over a decade ago, I often have a full schedule of medical appointments and diagnostic testing.  A few years ago, I decided that I just could not keep up this schedule year-round so have consistently taken a break each and every summer.  

Now the summer is over and my calendar indicates I need to head to the hospital next week.  I also received a phone call from my primary care doc this afternoon informing me I need to come in for a complete physical. 

My energy level has never been as low as it has over the past two months.  I wore myself down at the lake house in mid-June and I just have not recovered.  When I attempt to accomplish something around the house, just collecting tools has been enough to wear me down enough that I can do nothing more.  Then I struggle finding the energy to put all the tools away...  never accomplishing anything other than wearing myself down unnecessarily.  

Needless to say, having no energy while wanting to do things, many different things, is frustrating beyond belief.  Even worse, this frustration causes a lack of patience.  My patience has been worn so thin that just trying to manage my patience has compounded my energy problem and sapped even more precious energy.  

I'm tired.  I'm tired of hospitals, diagnostic testing and tired of medical appointments which seem to do very little to actually help me.  I'm just tired.  My energy level is so low that I often come across as disinterested even when with friends.  And, that really bothers me.

So, now on to a new round of medical appointments and tests...   which I am certain will only wear me down even further.  But maybe... just maybe... one of these doctors will find a way to get me some much needed energy... 

Comments