New Procedure for Commenting

I have always hated having to try to decipher some code and type it into a box before being able to proceed with something I want to do online.  Most often, that code is so hard to read that it requires three tries to get a code correct before I actually get the code right!  This can be extremely infuriating!  As a result, I have always avoided using this step on my blog, however, it is time for a change.

I am having to sort through far too many comments each day that are only spam.  I want to keep comments available to anyone, including those who don't have any account with Google or Blogger, so my only other option was to enable a word verification procedure for each comment in order to eliminate spam comments.  

In essence, the word verification procedure is less of a problem than the spam I need to sort through every single day.  The crazier thing is that only a tiny fraction of a percent of the comments on my blog posts are real posts...  hmmm...  Maybe I should just eliminate the ability to leave comments?  It seems very counterproductive to be sorting through so many comments every day only to see one true comment each month.

For now, we'll try the word verification for commenting.  I just can't take any more spam.   It is like the old Monty Python song... spam, spam, spam, spam... spam, spam, spam, spam... it just keeps coming...  but, in this situation, it is not funny in the least.

We'll see how this works...

Comments

  1. I just tested the new comment procedure and I now know it functions properly. Let's see if this new procedure eliminates all my spam comments....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment