Beautiful Morning

Our house is on the other side of this stand of trees... to the right...
The weather has been awesome this morning here in central Vermont.  The skies are clear, visibility is good and the temperature is in the 60's.  This is definitely my kind of weather!

I have great difficulty in temperatures above 74 degrees. When it gets that warm, I must minimize my exposure or risk (and the probability is high) breathing problems, anaphylaxia, gastro-intestinal problems and a whole myriad of neurological problems depending upon which area of my body my mast cells decide to attack.  Fun stuff.  So, I try to minimize my exposure to temperatures above 74 degrees.  Today's temperatures, however, are just awesome for my health which allows me to get outside and be mildly active.  Fortunately, my health is cooperating along with the mild, beautiful weather!

The leaves are getting a bit brighter in color now so I figured I need to take advantage of the beautiful morning and get outside.  I quickly decided it was a perfect day for a short bicycle ride with my camera.  

I pulled my bicycle out of the shed and immediately noticed that my back tire is flat. Regardless, I pumped up both tires and hoped for the best.  I knew I wasn't going far...  my health can't handle a long ride anyway...   so I hoped the leaking back tire would hold long enough for me to take a quick ride up and down our relatively flat road.  This short ride would provide some nice views for some photography.  Plus, it is always nice to be able to add a little easy biking to my daily physical therapy.

I cleaned up the bike, lubed a few key places, and packed a camera and some emergency medications.  I just realized that I forgot to grab my cellphone too.  That would have been a critical mistake if I had needed help.  Anyway, I wandered away from the house on my bike for the first time in at least a year.  Hmmm... it may have been two years since I last trusted my health enough to wander out on my bicycle.  

Although the skies are sunny and clear, the conditions were not ideal for shooting photos.  The sun was too high which produces flat lighting conditions.  Ideally, I should get out before dusk to catch the sun as it is setting...   in that time photographers call "the golden hour".  Maybe next time...  maybe this evening? 

My back tire was half flat by the time I arrived back home so I will need to replace that as soon as possible. But, it got me out and about and back home again today! 

It was really nice to feel relatively well and to get out on the bike again!


Comments

  1. I am glad you got out! I wish I could have been there with you instead of sitting at my computer at work. Maybe this evening.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment