The Homestretch

We are now in the homestretch leading to our train show weekend in Springfield, Massachusetts.  I know everyone in our house is looking forward to it.  Frank stopped by yesterday and it is obvious he is looking forward to the train show too.  

My health has been 'iffy', at best. I've been having good days and bad days.  Mostly, however, I have been very fatigued. I'm still recovering from a very busy month of December so resting this week is exceptionally important.

I need to carefully watch my energy level this week.  I need to rest as much as possible and keep from over-doing it at any time this week. I need to watch my diet very closely this week. I also need to start taking extra medications later in the week. If I become lackadaisical with any of these things, my health will definitely be poor this weekend so I need to keep a close eye on all of these factors during this homestretch.


Adding some extra medications to my four-times-a-day dosages helps me in the short term. This will allow me to have a small burst of extra energy for a day or two, possibly three, over the weekend. 

There is a downside to this philosophy though. It is always very difficult recovering from my extra-active time while taking the extra medications. Generally speaking, I need a week of recovery for each day of using extra energy.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to our weekend at the train show. This is the homestretch and there is still a bit to do in preparation. First, we need to put Sheila's new car in the shop for an oil change and a quick look-over. I need to get my photography gear ready... and start charging batteries for my cameras. At some point this week, I will be printing out a map of the show highlighting all the vendors I would like to see. Even with the map, chances are we won't get to each of the vendors on my list. Oh yeah...  and I need to find my bathing suit so I can use the pool at the hotel!

Only a few more days to go!

Comments

  1. Don't forget the pool shoes!!! I can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my good flip-flops (for walking to and from the pool)... they need a good cleaning though.

      Delete

Post a Comment