A Decent Response from La Quinta

As most of you already know, I am still trying to recover from an overly busy December as well as from our recent trip to Springfield, Massachusetts for the Amherst Railway Society's annual train show.  I am still so exhausted that I am having great difficulty thinking clearly.  Trying to focus on any one thing has proven to be impossible.  There are a lot of things which I would love to be doing but simply can't find the energy to even think straight.

In the meantime, I spent a few days writing a review for Trip Advisor about our stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites during our train show weekend.  I was just notified that the manager of the hotel wrote a response to my review.  


A partial view of one of four buildings housing the train show...
Overall, I feel the manager's response to my review is acceptable and nice. That alone may indicate something positive about this hotel. He didn't give me any lame excuses as we have seen from other hotels. He didn't get defensive. He seemed to accept the bit of negative criticism in my review and he thanked me for being so thorough. Additionally, he stated they will address all of our complaints in the review (the review is based upon positive and negative feedback by our entire group in five rooms spread out in the hotel). Hopefully, some good will come for future guests as a result of our feedback.

For anyone interested, you can read my review and the manager's feedback here... La Quinta - Good and Bad.

Some of you may remember that our experiences with Hampton Inn in Chicopee were quite bad during last year's train show.  Even worse, they mishandled our reservations for this year's show which sent us looking for rooms elsewhere.  In our quest for better accommodations, we found La Quinta Inn & Suites and had hoped for a much more pleasant experience. All things considered... La Quinta was cleaner than Hampton Inn... and customer service at La Quinta was far better than we experienced at Hampton Inn.  Heating issues, hot water issues and barking dogs, however, are making me think it is time to find a better place to stay next year.

Fortunately, the prices of rooms for the show are very similar at many hotels in the area around the show, including the one or two five star hotels on the list.  The problem is trying to get into these better hotels before they are booked solid. This year we are determined to get into one of these higher quality hotels for the next show. We have a plan and a hotel in mind but I don't want to divulge too much information here and inadvertently give everyone else an advantage over us!

Time for more sleep...

Comments