An Evening in Burlington

This past weekend, we managed to get out for an afternoon and evening on the town in Burlington. It had been about nine weeks since we last had an opportunity to get out with some friends and that is far too long!

All in all, we had a great time with Frank and Christine. We met at Vermont Pub & Brewery which has always been one of our favorite spots to visit. Unfortunately, the service absolutely sucked but the food, the drinks, and especially the company were exceptional. Not only was the bartending quite lousy because it was extremely difficult to get each round of drinks, but one bartender got a bit arrogant with us seemingly simply because we wanted to order another round of drinks and some food. Idiot. 

What is really odd is that there were four people behind the bar and the bar wasn't even what I would consider "crowded". Additionally, we were seated at the bar yet we still had to struggle to get a bartender's attention for each round of drinks and food even after waiting 10-20 minutes with empty glasses on the bar in plain sight of everyone. It just seemed as though each of these four behind the bar simply wanted to collect a paycheck and tips... without working... just collect a paycheck and tips. I hate laziness and I really hate having to wait for a simple glass of beer. 

As a result, it will be quite a while before we visit them again.  There are far too many great restaurants and pubs in Burlington for us to have to tolerate that again. 

Okay... let me get back to my blog entry. This was not supposed to be a review of lousy service... I use Yelp and TripAdvisor for detailed reviews!

Regardless of the service, we still had a great time with Frank and Christine.  We really don't get to see them (or anyone for that matter) as often as we would like because of my health. Getting a chance to visit Burlington for a social outing is always welcome and fun.

As always, I lugged a couple of cameras with me so I could shoot a few photos.  These outings to various restaurants and pubs always tests my skills and my equipment. The lighting is always dim yet with various sources and various color temperatures. These conditions with mixed lighting are very tough and, unfortunately, I am a perfectionist. Needless to say, the perfectionist in me always leaves me a bit critical and inevitably disappointed with my results. 

All that being said, here are a few photos from this past weekend... We had a great time!












The food was very good and that included this brownie...  it was very chocolate-y and moist, yet it was also
light and 'fluffy' as though they had used some chocolate stout as an ingredient...  very good!





















A rare shot... one of me!






And, this is what we came home to...  and, before anyone comments about Christmas lights still being
on the house...  our power cords where the lights are plugged in (both Christmas lights and some

exterior lights) are buried under a thick layer of ice underneath all this snow so I can't get
at them.  The Christmas lights won't be coming down until all that snow and ice melts.









Comments