Night of Nausea

When I awoke from my nap yesterday afternoon, I immediately noticed that I was experiencing some pretty intense nausea. Nausea is a fairly regular visitor for any Systemic Mastocytosis patient and I'm no different. At the time, I was hoping that my dinnertime medications would knock that down and I would be feeling better...  I took my meds... unfortunately, the nausea only got worse.

We headed out to our local supermarket to pick up some food and this is where the nausea became unbearable. At this point I was holding down puke... I had a few small dizzy spells... and my vision was narrowing. I knew I needed more emergency medications before my condition worsened into all-out anaphylaxis. All these symptoms are signs that my body is headed toward anaphylaxis and unconsciousness. Out came my emergency medications and I popped a few pills immediately. 

The nausea stuck with me all night long and there is still a little bit lingering this morning but my condition never worsened into anaphylaxis... so that is good! I still did experience the intense bone and joint pain which does follow anaphylaxis so my body must have been just teetering on the brink of disaster. That bone and joint pain is brutal because it is ALL over your body... everything hurts.

So, by the time I laid down for bed last night, I was still holding down puke... the nausea was still rather lousy... and my whole body was hurting all the way deep into my bones. At least I didn't spend the entire night sick in the bathroom.

Now I just need to ride out the lingering side-effects of the emergency medications and the episode itself... grogginess, fatigue, blurry vision as well as some lingering bone and joint pain. It will be a rather quiet day, I do believe...

Comments