Playing on the Boats

Every time the kids visit us, the sailboat and kayaks in the yard seem to call to them... I know the sailboat does that for me... but it has been a long, snowy winter of trying to explain to the kids that we can't play with the boats until the summer finally arrives. Well, summer is here and Lukey wanted to play on those boats the moment he arrived!

It is funny watching him on the sailboat. You can see him thinking and you can't help but wonder what thoughts are running through his young, inexperienced mind about a sailboat he has never even seen in the water. He has, however, seen the sailboat skimming across the water in our home videos that we watch with the kids whenever they visit so maybe he is envisioning one of these videos. 

After realizing that he can easily climb up into the sailboat and then slide down off the boat, he kept going back and forth between the kayaks and the sailboat. It was a bit breezy the other day when they were visiting so I didn't raise the mast nor the sail. Next time I hope to have the sail raised and all the rigging in place. If you're going to play on a boat, the whole boat should be put together. The boat should be in the water too but that just isn't possible all the time.

Anyway... the snow is gone and Lukey finally got to play on the sailboat and one of the kayaks on my birthday the other day. It looks like he had fun! 








Comments

  1. Great pics, Patrick! My 6- yr old loves sitting on and playing with my Sunfish. I've sailed with him a couple times, too - he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... glad you liked the photos! I look forward to taking the two grandkids out on the Minifish but they are still a bit young this year. I think next summer will be best on a relatively calm day. You couldn't keep me away from the boats when I was a kid too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment