Photos from our San Antonio Trip

In the couple of weeks that we've been back home, I have had some time while recovering to put together a few online photo albums. I think I shot well over 1000 photos during this trip but chose just a couple of hundred to show online.

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip! My only regret is that, although we spent more time in San Antonio than most families do for graduation, I am left feeling as though we rushed through this trip and didn't take enough time to just sit and enjoy. Spending an evening in a couple of pubs on the Riverwalk would have been really nice. Spending more time walking through San Antonio would have been nice. Spending more time learning and experiencing the rich history of this city would have been really nice.
It appears as though Adam is about to get jumped on by his Instructor!

In the end, we came home with a lot of really nice photos and some really nice memories. The memories we created also sparked memories of my own history in this city. I was reminded of the start of my own Air Force career while noticing the contrasts between then and now... I was reminded of all the people and cultures I experienced throughout my career which molded me into the person I am today... I was reminded of all the goodbyes I have said throughout my career... I again experienced the sights and smells and sounds of a unique city... sometimes it is nice to go back...

So, I put together four online albums to share here:

There are photos from our time with Amtrak... photos of train stations, our train accommodations, all the meals we ate in the Dining Car, Observation Lounge time, and views of the passing countryside from our windows.

There are photos from our time in San Antonio... photos of Adam's graduation ceremony, restaurants, Market Square, the Riverwalk, and the Alamo.

There are photos from the Tower of the Americas... including our time on the observation deck, in the revolving restaurant at the top of the tower, and of the gardens surrounding the base of this impressive tower.

Lastly are photos from beautiful, historic Union Station in Chicago... there are daytime photos as well as nighttime photos which, I feel, capture the character, history and feel of this beautiful architectural masterpiece.

Here is the page with all four albums...  Places/San Antonio.

As I've said, we enjoyed our journey and especially enjoyed sharing our trip with Sheila's parents. I think Adam appreciated our visit as well. Seeing Adam doing something which makes himself proud of his own accomplishments was really nice. I know Sheila is very proud and everyone probably already knows I am proud of what Adam has accomplished for himself. Lastly, I really enjoyed sharing a bit of my own past with Sheila and seeing this beautiful city again. 

And, of course, I enjoy having these photos to revisit every now and then...





Mom...  come on...  you're out of step and screwing me up!

Comments