Added More Memory

I bought a new desktop computer almost a year ago after an unknown component in my old computer stopped functioning rendering the computer useless. I couldn't figure out which component went bad and didn't want to start buying parts and swapping out parts hoping to get lucky so I just bought a new computer. 

That new computer came with 8gb's of RAM installed which is more than enough for most people. I, however, use my desktop computer for editing photos, creating video, and various other graphics intensive programs so I knew that I would want to install more RAM before long.

Fortunately, installing RAM in a desktop computer is a piece of cake... 

Open the big side panel by sliding it off... 

Push open the two clips in the next empty RAM card slot...

Then insert the new RAM until the clips lock in place.  

Slide the side panel of the desktop tower back into place...

Boot up the computer...

Done!  

So, I added another 8gb's of RAM last night.  Piece of cake!  And, the computer is much more responsive today when I open up any of my graphics programs. I hope to add another 16gb's of RAM in the coming months. 

Next up... swapping out my 4gb RAM card in my laptop with a new 8gb RAM card. Laptops require a little bit more work to gain access to the RAM but it still should be fairly easy and straight-forward...  we'll see... 

Comments