It Was A Productive Morning

New grill placed in the backyard in its temporary home... a new grilling
kitchen area is being built off the backside of this log shed... you can see
some blocks out marking locations of posts for the roof.

It was a busy and productive morning today!

First, I added much needed RAM to my desktop computer as well as my laptop computer. Getting that task done is a huge relief especially after the difficulties I had with the laptop computer (see my previous post). After accomplishing those tasks with my computers, I headed outdoors to see if I could make some headway in getting our new grill out of our living room.

The grill was still sitting in the living room after assembling it a few days ago because I had no place outdoors to set it. The old grill was located in a place where we are building an outdoor kitchen grilling area under cover. If I set the new grill there, then it would be in my way while working on building this outdoor area. I first had to find a level area nearby which would not be in my way.

I decided to set up the grill just off to the side of where we are situating the new kitchen area. I put down patio blocks under each wheel...  leveled the blocks... and added a couple of patio blocks to stand on in case it gets a bit wet in that area... then I dragged the new grill outdoors by myself. That new grill is a beast! Fortunately, it has some really nice heavy duty casters on it so it was fairly easy to manhandle out of the house by myself.

We were at Lowes last night to buy some patio blocks for this project and as we were passing by the grills on display we checked a few of them out... they were all lightweights compared to this new Kenmore grill we just bought. I'm happy with our purchase!

Now our new grill is ready to be used in its temporary location. We even refilled one of our propane tanks last night so we are ready to go for some grilling this weekend. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! 

This new outdoor kitchen grilling area is being built behind this log shed as seen in the photo above... actually, that is a shed right now but we will be converting it to a custom playhouse for the grandkids before long... the roof will be built off of this shed and overhang past the blocks for the posts. You can see the post blocks placed in the dirt as well as some patio blocks. All the stone has been collected and is stacked nearby waiting for this next addition to our home to be installed. This will be a really nice little kitchen area when we are done!

This is a bad time of the year for photos of the outside of the house... no vegetation... we even have two dead trees at our front entry... everything is sort of brown and dull. Our winter was so harsh this year that it killed some of our shrubs. I'm looking forward to some lush green grass, green shrubs, wildflowers, and some nice landscaping around this new outdoor kitchen grilling area.

Comments