Finally... A Productive Morning!

The past week has been quite lousy as far as my health goes... and, as a result, I've accomplished almost nothing this week. This morning, however, was finally a productive morning! I can't begin to explain how good that feels!

First, I did some weed-whacking... then mowed the lawn. The weather is considerably cooler this morning so I managed to mow the lawn and be able to breath. Usually, I am struggling to breath when I cut the lawn... weak... close to losing consciousness... my health crashing... I finished with the lawn by 9:30 am and still felt pretty good, relatively speaking.


The sign of a good, clean caulking job...
a nice wide bead yet it is invisible!
Since it was only 9:30 am and I was still feeling fairly well, I decided to get some work accomplished in Adam's old bedroom. It still needs another coat of paint... two colors... but I decided to tackle something I've been putting off doing. The windows needed to be re-caulked. 

Before I could re-caulk, I needed to remove the mini-blinds and the mounting hardware. This alone sucks because installing that hardware is always a pain in the butt. Nevertheless, the hardware needed to be removed so I could gain access to the entire perimeter of the windows.

Then I cleaned around the windows... found two tubes of clear caulk... cut one open... and started re-caulking. Other than it being extremely painful in my hands (I have very little grip left due to excruciating pain in my bones and joints), this little project was much easier than I anticipated.

The down side is that I really needed three tubes of caulk to do both the inside and outside but had only lined up two tubes when I started the project. Luck was on my side and I found another tube of caulking and then headed outdoors to hit the outside of these windows. Of course, I needed a ladder and some scaffolding so that slowed me down a bit but I managed to get this project accomplished too!  

Okay... I've already taken my lunchtime dose of medications... I need to line up my cocktail of vitamins and supplements so they'll be ready so I can take them with food. Now it is time to start on cooking lunch.

Today's lunch... country fried steak, gravy, fried okra, and potatoes...  then, I plan to lay down for the afternoon...


Edit:  Lunch was delicious!  I love fried okra!


Comments