Another Night of Poor Health

The kids were here for dinner again tonight and that is always a welcomed change of pace so that part of our night was really nice. The problem was that it was a bit hot this afternoon (the low 90s) and I think this negatively impacted my health. Something caused my health to nosedive and I know warm environments are terrible for my health so... I'm blaming the heat.

Ironically, earlier this morning was a better morning than I have experienced in quite a few weeks. As a result, I managed to do some much needed laundry... cut my hair... and shower. This may not sound like much, but it was more than I had accomplished in one day in quite some time and enough to completely exhaust me of energy... even taking my breath away.

I ate some lunch and then slept for almost three hours. When I awoke, the kids were arriving at the house for dinner. At this point, the temperature in the house was in the low 80s and my health was beginning to slide down the slippery slope it finds far too often. (I've found that if my environment is consistently above the 70s in temperature, my health crashes. "Consistently" means I am being exposed to this environment for more than 20 minutes or so.)

By the time we were eating dinner, my health was crashing. I felt as though I would pass out at any moment... lightheaded... weak beyond what I could ever accurately describe in words... and having difficulty breathing. I was so weak that I was actually wondering if the grim reaper was about to tap me on the shoulder and say, "It is time...". 

On the positive side, I wasn't sick as a dog in the bathroom so that was a welcome change. I was, however, weaker than I ever thought possible for someone who is still alive. 

My energy level lately has been so low it is a bit worrisome. There are a million things I want to do but I haven't been able to find the energy to do much of anything. I did manage to do some laundry today though!  

(As I'm typing this blog entry, I'm noticing that everything is slightly ghosted in double vision. Either my high quality graphics desktop monitor has a problem or I am also experiencing some significant double vision... I'm guessing my monitor is fine and I need to take some additional emergency medications and then lay down for the night.)

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...



Edit:  It is now the following morning and that ghosted double vision I was seeing on my monitor last night is gone so I assume it was my health causing the double vision. I still feel rather miserable, but the double vision is gone so that is an improvement!

Comments