I KNEW to Stick Close to Home Today

I wrote earlier this morning that I was thinking I would need to keep from wandering from the house. I just wasn't feeling "right" at the time. I was exhausted from lack of sleep. I was in pain from the effects of Systemic Mastocytosis and extensive spinal injuries. Common sense was telling me I needed to stick close to home.

Well, when Sheila arrived home from work she reminded me that I needed to drop my car off at the mechanic's garage this evening. Unfortunately, my health had already begun to crash. Rather than getting a much needed nap this afternoon, I spent much of the afternoon in and out of the bathroom. Ooooo... fun time, let me tell you! Now I definitely needed to wander from the house to drop off the car.

Regardless of my health, I really needed to drop my car off for this appointment. I haven't driven my car at all in about two months because it needs some work and even before that I had only driven less than 3000 miles in the past year. The car needs work but I can't just get rid of it because I definitely should have access to some transportation considering my health. I spend far too much time alone and rarely wander far from the house as it is. Not having access to transportation presents additional and unnecessary problems.

After waiting for my health to level off a bit, Sheila and I headed out to bring my car to the garage. After that, we headed to Shaw's to pick up some dinner. Before we even finished our quick shopping, my nausea was so bad that I was holding back vomit. My breathing was becoming labored and we still needed to make our way to the cashier which is always such a joy in this particular poorly managed supermarket.

I pulled out some emergency medications for problems such as this and took the needed medication (this reminds me... I now need to replenish this little supply of emergency medications before I wander from the house again... I know I'll forget though). Within about ten minutes or so, the nausea was moving to a more tolerable level. The nausea was far worse than my breathing problems so that was my primary concern at the time.

Anyway, I knew this morning that I needed to take it slow and easy today and that I needed to stick close to home. I should always follow my own instincts. (And, I almost always do.)

So, while I was stuck at home trying to decide how to keep my mind occupied and entertained, I decided to check a few photos of our autumn wildflower garden that I shot yesterday while my lunch was cooking. 

Unlike recent trips to the wildflower gardens, this time the camera I grabbed to use for these shots was not one of my older cameras as I often do to hone and test my skills as a photographer... it was not a digital relic sporting a unique sensor which is quirky and difficult to shoot... this time I grabbed my best camera and best lens which I find a dream to use compared to all my older cameras. I figured, "why make this more difficult than it needs to be when I'm feeling so lousy?"

I shot various photos and ended up with half a dozen nice photographs. Here are just two below. Summer is in the rear view mirror and autumn is now upon us... our wildflower gardens are mostly brown and dry now but there are a few flowers hanging on... soon the leaves on the trees will be displayed in brilliant colors... then frosted with white snow....



Comments