Some Dollhouse Details

As it rains, sleets and snows outside, we have remained indoors all day. Some of the details for the dollhouse have arrived so I spent some time working on these details.

I have two staircases to install but, first, I need to paint each of the staircases as well as all the balusters and railings. Today, while watching a couple of movies, I managed to put a coat of paint on all of this stuff.

While I was painting all these tiny pieces, I was trying to figure out the best way to assemble all of this (and shaking my head, wondering why I got myself into all of this...)... the only thing I figured out is that this will be a frustratingly tedious task! I guess if I just take it one piece at a time, it will eventually get done.

EDIT:  Sheila and I were just talking about these staircases. There is about a 95% chance that either Kenzie or Lukey will break the railing and balusters within a matter of hours so... I am now thinking that I'll eliminate the railings on the sides of the staircases (which happen to be the most difficult to build). I will, however, install the small railings around the openings in the floors for the staircases. 

Some pieces of the kitchen arrived... the tiny range and a little sink. So, I just placed them into the dollhouse to see how they fit. I still need to glue the handles onto the sink basin cabinet but that should be a quick and easy job once I buy some glue.

A couch arrived in the mail today so I also tested that for size. This living room/kitchen area is tight but it will work for Kenzie.  I am still waiting on a table and chairs to arrive.



The shutters for the windows arrived...  I placed them out by the front windows but the carpenters have not arrived with their little ladders to install them!


The brick sheeting for the brick sidewalk out in front of the townhouse arrived... now I need to install curbing and then cut the brick sheeting to size and zig-zag-trim the ends so the bricks match up seamlessly...


I didn't get a photo of the plank flooring the other day so while I was shooting some photos today, I got a quick shot of the flooring. This is just the same plywood that I used to build the entire dollhouse but I scored planking edges into the surface of the plywood with a utility knife. This actually came out much more nicely than I had imagined!


Little by little, things are coming together...  Kenzie will be happy on Christmas morning!

Comments