Moved Into New Bedroom


Yesterday was a very hectic and painful day but we managed to get the bedroom finished enough to move into that bedroom and sleep there last night! Being able to lie down in that room last night was very nice.

I say it was a "very hectic" day because we were on the move all day long... clearing out the room of building materials... laying underlayment... laying carpet... installing baseboard trim... moving in bedroom furniture (which involved moving it all out the back door and in the front door... in the snow... finally, some snow!)... moving my office/computer stuff to the new desk... cleaning and installing the mini-blinds... installing curtains... and probably a few other things I can't remember right now. It truly was a hectic day because we wanted to get into that bedroom before the Thanksgiving weekend was behind us!

I say this room is "finished enough" to move into it because we still need to hang photos and art on the walls and there are a few other little odds and ends to finish.

I say it was a "painful" day because my spine is at its worst right now since my last line-of-duty injury. All the bending, crouching, up and down, lifting, twisting, carrying was far too much for my injuries. Actually, just five minutes of that activity becomes extremely painful. A whole day of this type of activity is indescribably excruciating. I was cringing in pain at every move of my spine. 

All that being said, it was very... very... nice to lay down in our new bedroom last night!

A few noticeable differences between the bedrooms... old and new... the new bedroom is much warmer (Adam used to reside in this bedroom and he always complained he had the coldest bedroom... wrong.)... it is soooo nice to be in a bedroom that is finished in "our style"... it is really nice to have remote access to the lighting and heating of the bedroom... and it is simply very nice to be in a finished bedroom rather than an unfinished room "temporarily" as we were for the past seven years. We were instantly comfortable and "at home" in this new bedroom.

This bedroom is, without a doubt, a very nice and welcomed change. I think I can safely say we are both very happy with this room!

Now... once I find the energy (and the spinal pain has subsided a bit)... I need to hang some photographs and art... and I need to tie up the loose ends of this project...


Getting ready to move the bed into the room...



Soft yet crisp, clean comforter...

Pattern and texture of the upholstered chairs at the desk...

Pattern in the curtains...





A fossilized rock I found as a child being used as a bookend.







Comments