A Day Of Rest And Recovery

Today is one of those boring days of rest and recovery. On days such as this one, I must be extra careful to not tax my body and health... I must get extra rest... if not, my health will fail again quickly.

I was having great difficulty with my vision all week but I didn't think much about it since it is a relatively common problem for me. Vision problems come and go regularly. I purposely try not to think about it because losing my vision or hearing can really get me a bit anxious. As the week progressed, eventually, some other symptoms started to appear. 

Yesterday evening, my health crashed. I spent some time in the bathroom... sick... I was so dizzy that I almost fell over while sitting in the bathroom! Needless to say, I needed emergency medications. 

I'm feeling a bit more stable today but rather drowsy from all the emergency medications and extra medications. Regardless of last night's problems, I had planned to take it easy today anyway since we have a Christmas Dinner to attend tomorrow. Whenever I have an event to attend, I must rest up to ensure I have some energy and I must pre-medicate myself in the hope of keeping my health as stable as possible. So, today was always scheduled to be a down day of rest and recovery.

Finding something to do during these periods can be a bit of a problem though. I must be careful not to wear myself down... I must be able to restore some energy... and, I must be able to actually 'store' some energy for future use. Believe it or not, this is actually a tall order.

Since my eyesight has been rather lousy all week, reading anything other than large print is out of the question. I can do some work on my desktop computer with its big monitor so here I am... I decided to test out my new updated version of Photoshop... and I was also provided a free upgrade for a program called Exposure. So, I've been playing with both.

There are some things which I hate about the newest version of Photoshop and some things which I do like. The newest version of Exposure is great... much faster and some other minor tweaks. They did a great job with this latest version of Exposure!

I randomly chose a folder of photos... It turned out to be a folder of photos of my recently purchased Konica 40mm lens that I picked up used for a few bucks. I could definitely use this photo to test run these two new upgrades...



This is definitely a photo of a bored photographer! For anyone who may be interested... I shot this photo using my Zeiss 55mm f1.8 lens... the lens which was rated the sharpest lens of any lens in history. I love this lens! My ISO was at 800 and the lens was shot wide open at f1.8. I placed this lens on my coffee table where I was able to use available light streaming in windows from both sides of the room.

Anyway, today is a day of rest and recovery for me. I hope to be strong and hopefully a little animated tomorrow for our annual Christmas Dinner in Stowe with friends... If I'm quiet and detached, it is because I'm still feeling rather lousy and have no energy... time will tell...


Comments