Feeling Kind of Crappy Today

My spinal injuries have been screaming for the past month but that is nothing new. My breathing has been rather lousy for the past eight months so that isn't all that new either at this point. This morning, however, I am feeling both problems and both are rather significant.

My lumbar spine is hurting all through my lower back to my hips and buttocks... with pain all through my groin and lower abdomen... and even up toward my kidneys. The pain is bad enough to keep me from sleeping. Needless to say, I'm exhausted even though it is still only mid-morning.

I'm going to attempt to get back to some light physical therapy today. I attempted this a few days ago when my lingering cold was feeling like it was almost gone but that didn't go over too well... my cold got worse and that made all sorts of symptoms worsen. I'll attempt to get back into my daily physical therapy today if even a very light therapy involving only stretching. That should help my back at least a little bit. Sitting stationary is not the answer for spinal injuries. I need the health to keep moving!

Another problem I'm having, however, is a breathing issue. The doctor did some imaging of my lungs last evening but I have not heard from anyone about results yet. How we remedy this long term breathing issue depends upon what is found in this imaging. 

If nothing is found in the imaging, then we will assume it is usual Systemic Mastocytosis breathing issues. I'll need more medications to stabilize my mast cells. If this is the case, it simply means my mast cells are a problem in my lungs during this period. 

Mast cells, when affected by Systemic Mastocytosis, seem to cause problems in various organs and areas throughout my body... moving indiscriminately at will... sometimes lingering, sometimes being transient and elusive. I am more than ready for these breathing issues to disappear though. I can't do anything when my breathing is like this!

If the imaging shows fluid in my lungs... well... that would be a problem and it would explain the breathing problems. If a 'spot' or something suspicious is found, then that would be a problem also. In these cases, then more testing and care will probably be necessary. I have my money on these breathing difficulties just being more typical Systemic Mastocytosis problems but we must rule out any potentially correctable problems.

Anyway... I'm feeling rather lousy this morning. I awoke exhausted... I'm having some difficulty breathing... and I'm in significant pain.  


Comments