Snow and Sleet


This morning we awoke to some snow on the ground which is highly unusual this winter. There was only an inch or two of snow out there but it was nice seeing everything covered in fresh snow for a change. Other than quite a few patches of very slick ice, our landscape has been far from winter white!

By 8am, the snow had turned to sleet and, unfortunately, it is raining out there now. Actually, it is pouring rain out there now... 32 degrees and pouring rain... fun. 

While everything was clean and white outside, I decided to grab a camera and shoot some photos out our living room window. I limited myself to using my longest lens (just like yesterday while I attempted to get my first bird photo of this year) but I used a different camera body than yesterday. I chose another old, cheap camera (freebies because they are so old) just like yesterday but this one is so tiny it is difficult to hold steadily. I managed to capture a few decent photos though.

I think it is supposed to continue to rain over the next day or two. Hopefully the temperature will either rise so we can melt all this freezing rain and ice or the temperature will fall so we will get snow. I believe the temperature is supposed to rise into the 50s though... what a beautiful winter (sarcasm)... I'm glad I don't need to drive anywhere today...

Now it is time to start on my daily physical therapy...




Comments