A Visit to Dawn


This past weekend, we visited the cemetery to visit Dawn. When we arrived at the cemetery, it was a beautiful Saturday morning (which later turned to some violent thunderstorms)... it was sunny, warm, blue skies with some fluffy cumulus clouds. 

Dawn has a fairly new bench at her grave which we had not seen yet, however, Sheila had promised Dawn that she would take a seat on this bench and view the distant mountains surrounding the cemetery. We finally had an opportunity to do this on Saturday morning. Although we see signs of Dawn around us fairly often, Sheila was happy to fulfill this promise and happy to say hello to Dawn at her resting place.

A couple of plots away, is the grave of a Chief Master Sergeant I met shortly after arriving at the air defense unit here in Vermont way back in 1995. He instantly reminded me of many of the non-commissioned officers I had worked with through the years. He was, perhaps, the first person I respected at my new unit. When we first visited Dawn's grave after her death, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Chief's grave... actually, I stumbled upon his grave before we even found Dawn's grave in that first visit! I have some nice memories of the Chief so it is always nice being reminded of him. 

Anyway, we had a nice visit before heading to the waterfront and Church Street in Burlington.




Comments