Arts and Crafts

My health seems to be slowly recovering (from these latest issues) which has allowed me to have a fairly productive day for a change.  Well... by "day", I really mean morning. I sleep every afternoon so nothing ever gets accomplished in the afternoons. I did have a relatively good morning though and I have to say, "it's about time!"

I've been getting a bit anxious about getting everything ready for Christmas since my health has caused my to-do list to do nothing but grow longer and longer since before we headed to the lake house in June. It was nice to be able to do a few things around the house this morning like laundry and other little projects. Mostly, my priority right now is to get a jump on getting ready for Christmas in case my health deteriorates again.

We've managed to get most of our Christmas shopping out of the way and, today, I started to pull out some Christmas decorations. We should have some good weather over the next two days so I hope to get some stuff accomplished outdoors including some much needed winterizing for the house as well as putting a serious dent in outdoor Christmas decorations. 

We're having friends over for Thanksgiving so we've been collecting ingredients from different stores in our area. I'm planning a fairly impressive Thanksgiving dinner... we'll see how it turns out. And, that is assuming I can find all the ingredients I need for my planned meal.

This evening, Sheila and I made a last minute decision to head out of town for the remainder of Thanksgiving weekend. Oddly, being out of town for the holidays is fast becoming a nice tradition. And, friends will be meeting us at the hotel for the weekend... it should be fun!

So, then I came to my desk to find some old photos to develop and share...

I came across some photos from the lake house. It was a rainy day and we were all stuck indoors for the day. That isn't so bad since the lake house is about four times the size of the house we live in the rest of the year! Plus, we had a nice fire going on this particular rainy day.

Rainy days at the lake usually involve a lot of food...  if we're not preparing some food, we're eating food. It's also a good time to catch up on some sleep! 

This particular day, the kids were enjoying some arts and crafts time. They were on their own at the dining room table with a table full of art supplies... rubber stamps... ink pads... coloring books... crayons, colored pencils and colored markers... and big art pads. 

I captured a few nice photos of them. These photos were shot only a few short months ago but the kids are noticeably bigger now. I have to add that I'm really liking Kenzie's shorter hair in these photos! But, then again, I do tend to prefer shorter hair. 









Comments