An Exhausting Medical Day

I've done a pretty good job at avoiding medical appointments for almost a year. That may not sound like much but my health has been known to prompt medical appointments a few times a month.

One of the things I explained to my doctor today is that all of this mast cell nonsense has become my 'normal' everyday life so I rarely look at it as anything but normal. I also reminded her that, as a result, I often find myself not divulging everything I should to my doctors. In my mind, everything is 'normal'.  

Not seeing my doctor for about a year doesn't mean anything as far as how my health is at the moment or has been for the past year. Actually, for the past few months, my health has been pretty damn lousy. Not seeing my doctor for about a year only means I've done a good job at avoiding medical appointments. 


So, my doctor tracked me down and had me come in for a visit, exam and some tests. That appointment was today. 

As luck would have it, I have been struggling with a new medical issue for the past few weeks so it was good to see my doctor. Rarely do my symptoms coincide with a medical appointment. Actually, truth be told, this new medical problem has been enough of a nuisance that I would have called for an appointment last week if I didn't already have today's appointment scheduled.

The appointment itself was a piece of cake but I'm left drained and exhausted. 

My arms are covered in band-aids from blood tests. 

After the appointment, Sheila drove me to another medical facility for x-rays. I've been having a bit of a problem with my foot which started as tendonitis in my achilles tendon before complications arose affecting my entire foot. 

It was a bit painful getting my foot into position for two of the three positions needed for the x-rays. While I was lying on the table, the radiation technician asked me to move into a certain position... then asked me again stating, "I meant I need you to go ahead and do this now"...

Again, I tried to move into position...  nothing... then I tried to wiggle my toes... nothing again. The technician said, "no problem... we'll use some tape to get your foot into position and hold it there." Easy for her to say... now I found myself lying there with this queazy feeling wondering why I can't move my toes at all!

Anyway, I hobbled out of there with a CD of x-ray images in hand and I should hear from my doctor within a day or two. 

I think we'll be heading to bed a bit early tonight. Actually, I'm ready for bed now.


Comments