The Big Summer Move

All packed up and ready to go...

We made the big summer move to the lake house yesterday.

We managed to tie five kayaks on the roof of Sheila's car and the sailboat on the top of my car.  Both cars were loaded to capacity inside. Actually, Sheila's car bottomed out on the private road to the lake house.  

Wow...  I was not ready for this move and it took a lot out of me!

My spine is screaming, my feet are unhappy and my legs are uncooperative. I'm bent over like I'm 90 years old and I'm moving very slowly. The house, however, is now ready for guests and some fun times!

Oh...  we planned to be out of the house and on the road to the lake house earlier than usual... one last visit to the bathroom... then dumped some Rid-X into the toilet to let some bacteria do its thing to the septic tank...  flush our new toilet... the Rid-X clumped up into a solid clump and clogged the toilet.  Ugggg....  


On the road to the lake house...
That's what I get for trying to think ahead and do some preventive maintenance.  

I broke our plunger... then went on a search for my plumbing snake... couldn't find it... after an hour of constant flushing and using a second plunger, I gave up and left the problem toilet.  It was past time to just head to the lake house and start our summer so I dropped this little annoying project, set the security system and we headed for the lake house. I'll deal with the toilet when we get back home.

We ended up arriving at the lake house an hour later than planned and I was soaked with waste water and sweat... fun. We felt a bit rushed due to the surprise delay but it was nice to finally be at the lake. 

After we settled into the house, I moved the cars back up the hill away from the house, then had a few cold drinks and then we had some Kansas City style ribs for dinner. That was delicious!

Adam is home on leave so he could get in some sailing and kayaking. He jumped in right away with arranging for an old Civil Air Patrol cadet friend to meet us at the house. At this point, both of them have traveled the world significantly. Anyway, they jumped right into the kayaks and then took turns taking the sailboat out for a spin.  


After dinner and after Adam and Jonathan went out on their own, I had a little art project to complete...  It didn't come out exactly as planned but it'll do... 

Today we did some food shopping... well... a lot of food, clothes and household supplies shopping... and then we relaxed in short beach chairs in the water on the beach... Sheila in the sun while I was in the shade under a beach umbrella. It was in the 90s, sunny and breezy today which was very nice! 

Let's hope for many more beautiful summer days!






Comments