A Cruise on Lake Champlain

We took a day off from all medical appointments, work, and home renovations one day this week so we could take the grandchildren out on a cruise on Lake Champlain. The weather was beautiful and the kids were exceptionally excited. Kenzie was like a string bean shaped Mexican jumping bean! She was jumping and skipping the entire half mile walk to the boathouse as she pulled Gee faster and faster. 

We attempted to find a parking spot close to the boathouse but found none. We saw Will and Sue (Sheila's parents) in one of these parking lots near the boathouse and Lukey wanted to get out to be with them so we dropped him off near the boathouse. Sheila, Kenzie and I headed up the hill into downtown Burlington to park in our usual lot and then walked through Battery Park and then down to the waterfront and the boathouse.

Kenzie was in her new sparkly flats and Gee was in her sandals but they managed to get down a rather rough path down a steep grade that dropped us down at the waterfront much sooner than if we walked the paved path. This also afforded Kenzie a different view of the waterfront. She didn't do any skipping or jumping on the short stretch of rough gravel path but, the moment we were on pavement again, she was excitedly jumping and skipping while trying to pull Gee faster!

As always, I shot a bunch of photos beginning with our drive up to Burlington...


Two of Kenzie's baby dolls were allowed to join us on this exciting day...




Here is just one of the many photos I captured of our little jumping bean in the air as we made our way down to the waterfront and the boathouse...


Catching a glimpse of the lake from the path between Battery Park and the waterfront...





We're finally on the boat... as far as Kenzie was concerned, we couldn't get on the boat soon enough!




Moving from behind the breakwater in Burlington Bay to open water... or, as the grandkids say, to the "deep end"...







Our beautiful view of the rugged Adirondack Mountains. As I was looking over at these mountains, I was thinking back on all the mountain peaks I climbed over there during my healthy days. It reminded me that I always had this deep burning desire to do everything I could, while I could. I was in a rush to accomplish as much physically demanding stuff as possible. In hindsight, somehow, there was a part of me that knew my healthy and pain-free days were very limited. Regardless, I've always felt that nobody should sit around wasting time and saying "I'll do that tomorrow"...  For what it's worth, my advice is to do it now... break away from your cellphones... straighten your neck and lift your chin... and accomplish something fun and challenging in the real world...







At the Burlington Boathouse, on the upper deck...


On the dock of the Burlington Boathouse, checking out the boats...


Walking up into downtown Burlington for a meal at a restaurant... Lukey and Kenzie blazing a path...



We have a few favorite restaurants in Burlington and, until this day, Sweetwater's was one of those favorites. UGGGG... we won't be going back there for quite some time.  It seemed as though it was under new management...  it was hot... flies were swarming... service was exceptionally slow... and the food was absolutely terrible bordering on nasty and, I suspect, dangerous.  We won't be going back there anytime soon!

Overall, we had a really great time with the grandkids and Will and Sue. I think everyone had a great, memorable time! 

Comments