Lunch with Gee and Trains on the Deck

Liza and Kenzie dropped Lukey off at the house while they went for a wedding dress fitting. The kids had brought some pizza with them for lunch so Lukey ate lunch with Gee while Liza and Kenzie went on their way. 

Lukey and Kenzie had made and brought cards for Gee so that was a nice surprise!

It was a nice day so we thought it would be best to find some activities to do outdoors. Besides, our house is a construction zone mess and there is no room indoors for toys at the moment. The deck would have to work.

Gee is moving slowly and she cannot lift anything so there wouldn't be any of the usual playing. My condition, physically, is only a bit better than Gee's so Papa wouldn't be running around the backyard either. I decided to pulled the trains and the dollhouse out of the playroom and set them up on the deck instead...





I had even built a little tunnel of pavers and rock for the trains...










Lukey was exceptionally happy to be running his favorite train... Amtrak...


I had asked Lukey if he wanted to run a new locomotive I had recently bought at a bargain basement price. I'm planning to build a narrow gauge O scale locomotive using this HO motor and chassis as the base so I had been waiting for the price to be right. It arrived within the past week so I needed to make sure it runs fine... it ran smoothly and sounded great. Lukey ran this locomotive for a short while before he wanted to run his Amtrak train again. 





It wasn't long before Kenzie and Liza showed up again. I'll write again shortly about Kenzie playing with her dollhouse.

It was nice seeing the grandkids again and getting to spend a little time with them. I know Gee enjoyed it and probably needed the distraction. I know Sheila was tired but I was also completely spent after they had left. We had a great time with them though.


Comments