A Bunch of Photos from the Train Show

Late last night, I realized that I hadn't shared any photos of the train show yet so I went looking for all the photos I shot while we were in Springfield back in January. It just so happens that I shot a lot of photos this year and I even shot quite a bit of video!

For now, I'll share a bunch of photos. When I have some time, I'll put together a few different videos by topic.  

Even though we are at a show inside buildings and spread out over eight acres, Sheila always manages to find a bit of sunshine at the show...


We ate breakfast at the Cracker Barrel every morning... I'd eat there far too often if we had one near home!


This early in the morning, we were often seated opposite the big stone fireplace...


At the Big-E, making our way from the car to the show...



Waiting in line for the doors to open... we arrived a bit too early on one of the mornings... fortunately, it was unseasonably warm this particular weekend...


Sheila wanted photos of the next two models at the show because of the resemblance to our granddaughters' names... "Miss Ellie's Diner" and "Mackenzie Dock"...



This soccer field is always a point of interest... half of this field is actually an illusion as you will see in the following photo...


There is a mirror running along the center line of the field making it appear twice as long...  In this photo, I focused on the reflection of myself in this mirror...









A 'live steam' model locomotive... setting up air to the whistle so people can sound the whistle...  I don't think there were any models larger than this until you get to some of the real full-size trains at the show...


An O-scale Big Boy steam locomotive on a constantly turning turntable...  nice model!  Who would have the room to run something this size? I know I don't... nor could I ever afford to...


This next one is more like the size to run in our small home... a tiny O-scale 0-6-0 switcher...







There was a tiny cutout in the side of a mountain allowing a view of the mine inside this mountain...










That grey NY Central Pacific locomotive is a nice looking model in O semi-scale...



A high-speed passenger train zipping through a small rural town on one of the N-scale operating layouts...  I found this a striking juxtaposition...  an old rural town with a modern high speed train running through it...


One of the many highly detailed city scenes at the show...





If I remember correctly, these two guys were just a few feet from "Mackenzie Dock" shown in one of the photos above...











As always, we had a great time at the show even though Sheila and I were there without the rest of our usual crew. We were, however, pleasantly surprised by finding some old friends from my past-life career while at the show!  It was really nice seeing and catching up with Cindy and Wayne at Peppersass from the Mt Washington Cog Railway.

We're looking forward to next year's show and having our usual crew there with us again!


Comments