A Few Old, Scrapped Photos

My health took a nosedive more than a week ago... and then, more recently, took a deeper nosedive with terrible nausea, weakness and general malaise holding me back and keeping near the bathroom. I'm still recovering but, as always when I am recovering, I am now trying to find little things around the house that I can actually accomplish without triggering my health to crash yet again. 

This time around, I decided to scroll through some old photos to see if could find anything worth salvaging.

All three of these photos, below, were shot at Oakledge Park on Lake Champlain. These photos were shot back a number of years ago when I was shooting with a couple of cameras that did nothing but cause me grief. I always seemed to struggle to get decent shots and especially when the light was not ideal. Ironically, the light was terrible for all three of these photos below. I really had to search to find good, interesting light.

This first photo was shot from a rocky beach looking toward the Adirondack Mountains. The beach was in horrendous condition... the water was rather murky... I was definitely having a difficult time finding a scene worth photographing. I finally found this little rocky peninsula that provided some color and contrast against a foggy, hazy backdrop in the distance. I wish the water was a little calmer so I could have captured a nicer reflection but there still is enough of a reflection to make this one interesting.  I also like the bright green foliage against the blue palette sky in the distance...

There is a treehouse at Oakledge Park...  it is nothing fancy but it is indeed rare seeing a treehouse anywhere so I decided to try to get a shot of it.  I just couldn't find the right angle though. The sun was just coming through the clouds but it was not helping my scene at all. The treehouse was still in the shadows. After walking back and forth and around this treehouse, I finally chose to shoot from this angle.  I have to say that there is nothing special about this shot but I'm happy that I at least got a shot of this treehouse from the ground that I could share.  (I once shared a photo of this treehouse shot from the treehouse and I may have shared a shot from a similar angle as this one.) 


This last photo was shot at Oakledge Park on a different day than the previous two photos. This particular day was completely overcast and rainy all day long. It really was a miserable day and, as far as photography goes, it turned out to be a rather disappointing day. There is nothing worse than enduring rain showers, getting soaked, trying to keep your camera gear dry, dealing with biting insects, and then feeling as though you didn't even get a single decent photo after hours of searching for an interesting scene. I left the park this particular day feeling a bit defeated and feeling as though I wasted a lot of energy for nothing. When I was healthy and younger, wasting energy easily fell into the at-least-I-got-some-exercise category. Now, wasting energy keeps me from doing other things in the days afterward and has been known to cause my health to crash.

That being said, this shot below isn't too bad.  I like that I was able to capture the rain showers coming across the lake as they were moving out of the Adirondack Mountains and toward Vermont. I like the empty vastness of the lake too as it reflects the cloudy sky. This is a very large lake and that is shown here in this photo...


That'll do for now.  I'm hoping my health will rebound soon because our lawn is quite shaggy and it now dotted with patches of mushrooms from all the rain we've been getting!  My health, however, needs to improve a bit before I can get out there to do some landscaping.


Comments