Health Update

I haven't been writing much lately and I know that most people think that no news is good news.  That sentiment, however, is completely wrong in most cases.  We really have nothing but lousy news about lousy health to report. 

I'm still knocked down with a miserable cold of some sort.  I feel quite lousy and because my body is fighting off a cold, it is making my mast cells even more active.  The mast cell disease causes my mast cells to be overactive already so adding more over-activity due to a cold makes my primary illness a bit worse.  I find myself seesawing between extra medications for my mast cell disease and extra medications for the annoying cold.

All this sickness nonsense started sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve.  I think it was a cold at that point.  Then, sometime in January it sort of progressed into a flu bug with lymph nodes swollen and painful, exhaustion, bone and joint pain, and all the typical cold and flu symptoms.  

After a week or so, that progressed into a stomach bug which lasted a week or so.  That was a lot of fun. (sarcasm)

And now I am back to a few weeks of having a typical cold which is continuing to impact my primary illness.  Everything still hurts including swollen lymph nodes.  If we make a quick run down to the grocery store first thing in the morning, I am done for the day by the time we walk down one aisle at the store.  I can feel halfway decent first thing in the morning and then I attempt to do something very small and very briefly and I am knocked down with overwhelming fatigue and worsening symptoms within minutes.  It is pathetic, a bit disheartening and frustrating.  

This seems to be the typical way I bring in the new year now...  sick for months.  People around me get sick (Sheila has been bringing these bugs home from work, getting over it quickly but infecting me with each bug) then I get sick.  I'm seriously thinking of becoming a hermit in my own isolated germ-free house.  

Lately it seems like socializing means bringing on lingering and debilitating health problems and, at this point, I am pretty sick and tired of all of that nonsense.

Comments