More Spring Snow

Sometime after midnight last night, I got up out of bed and wandered to the bathroom.  On my way to the bathroom, I passed by one of our windows and instantly noticed that the ground was covered in white stuff!

This morning, I awoke to a little snow squall outside our windows and everything was blanketed in clean, soft white...  




It is not yet after Memorial Day weekend so this snowy weather should come as no surprise.  After all, we are almost as far north as southern Alaska (54° latitude vs 45° latitude).  Sheila, however, is in a bit of a lousy mood over the snow.  She's usually done with snow falling from the sky by mid-January.  Personally, I like when the muddy brown spring landscape is covered in fresh snow.  The snow hides the lack of vegetation and all the mud while it blankets everything in a clean soft look.  Plus, spring snow always melts on its own requiring absolutely no shoveling (almost always anyway).

On the positive side, we haven't done any planting yet this year!



Comments

  1. I am with Sheila. I looked out the bedroom window this morning and pulled the covers back over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... when I saw it in the middle of the night, I wanted to get up, do a dance and crack open a beer! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment