Completely Lost Track of Time

At this point, I've completely lost track of time.  This ankle injury is taking forever to heal and one day is blurring into the next and the next and the next.

Something that has happened a lot is that I get up in the morning and my ankle is feeling "fair".  I'm still limping and there is still varying amount of pain but, first thing in the morning, it is feeling far closer to being normal than being injured.  Then I shower...

I don't know if it is hobbling around the shower that causes my ankle to get worse.  Of, maybe getting in and out of the shower causes my ankle to get worse.  Or, maybe the hot water from the shower that causes my ankle to get worse.  Or, maybe it is a combination of all of the above.  Whatever the cause, I feel quite lousy after I shower.  My ankle and foot is always swollen again and hurting to the point that I need my cane again.  

This happened again this morning.  I felt pretty good this morning and, as a result, had some plans to accomplish something today.  I went into the bathroom to get cleaned up and the shower did me in for the day.  My ankle and foot was swollen and painful again.  

The rest of the day was spent on the couch with my foot elevated and sandwiched between ice packs.  This one problem is getting old.  At least with my primary illness, Systemic Mastocytosis, each day is different.  Good or bad, it is different.  With this ankle injury, every moment of every day is the same...  on the couch, foot elevated, ice.  


Comments