A Lousy Epinephrine-type of Day

I've been feeling rather lousy for the past week or more so it was not much of a surprise when I quickly realized this morning that today wasn't going to be much better.  For the most part, I've been extremely fatigued and inexplicably weak over the past week.  My usual bone, joint and spinal pain has been far worse as well.  I have pain all day every day but far too often this pain dips into severely debilitating levels.  This is where my health has been lately.  

I've also been feeling "not right".  Sometimes I just can't put my finger on what is wrong.  All I know is I don't feel right.  I think this is usually due to multiple symptoms spiraling down into the debilitating levels but no single symptom seems to stand out.  Regardless of why I feel this way, I have been feeling this way lately. 

Late this morning, I began having some difficulty breathing.  No red flags were waving in my head though because this is a common occurrence in warm environments and especially with humidity above around 60%.  The temperature was around 80° and the humidity was oppressing so having breathing issues in these conditions is what I would call "normal".  

I made lunch and then I found I was having great difficulty breathing.  Then I had a short episode of feeling like I was going to pass out.  I was also unable to catch my breath.  I felt like there was no oxygen in the house and I was suffocating.  At this point, I went for my inhaler, epinephrine and my oximeter and sat down in an armchair.  

I first used my inhaler and then checked my oxygen level.  The oximeter always starts registering in the upper 90s and then levels out but, this time, it kept slowly dropping...  low 90s...  upper 80s....  lower 80s...  at 83% the oximeter's display turned red and was blinking...  I grabbed the epinephrine and used that quickly.  

Once I felt relatively "okay" again, I got myself some water and grabbed more of my emergency medications.  I took a bunch more H1 Blockers.  I then just sat there in the armchair with a fan blowing on me.  I was exhausted and wanted to sleep but my body wasn't ready for that yet after responding to the drop in blood pressure and breathing issues not to mention the effects of the epinephrine.  

After a few more uses of my inhaler, I was finally breathing a bit easier and fell asleep about a half hour later.  In all, I think I slept for about two hours.  Fortunately, when I awoke, I was feeling more "okay"...  not normal...  not great...  not even good...  but, okay...  I guess I would say, "stable".  

Now, having written this and reminding myself of how dangerous my health was today, I should probably close this blog entry to take some more additional and more emergency medications.  

Comments