Another Cancelled Event

We had planned to go to Kenzie's figure skating dress rehearsal yesterday.  I had been feeling fairly well on Friday and Saturday so it was looking like I would be able to attend this event.  

I packed up my camera gear so I could take some photos, dressed appropriately for a cold ice rink, and then we headed out to the car.  Within about five minutes of our drive, I started having breathing difficulties again.  I waited another five minutes to see if my health would settle down and then I told Sheila we should turn around and head home.  I waited until just before we got on the highway.  There is a roundabout there at the highway overpass so we just turned around at the roundabout and headed back home. 

I wasn't feeling so lousy that I would need help so I felt I could stay home alone this time.  I told Sheila that she should go to Kenzie's figure skating event without me so she just dropped me off at the house and then hit the road again.  When I got inside the house, I took some additional medications...  yet again.  

This recovery seems to be taking far too long.  On the positive side, my body is responding well to extra medications added to my usual doses of medications so that is a good indicator that this is a continuing mast cell problem and not something else that is also dreadful.  The downside is I have been doing this (regularly taking extra medications) for more than three weeks now and my health is still not stable when I cut back on the extra medications.  

So this is now the third event I've had to cancel.  Late next week we are supposed to be heading to Saratoga for a long weekend.  Lukey is in a hockey tournament in Saratoga so we had hoped to make a very long weekend of it.  At this point, it is not looking good for this event either.  Even if my health stabilizes enough to make the three hour trip, I'm not sure I will trust my health to risk the trip.  Just like anything else, it takes time to regain trust.

The biggest issue I have with a drive to Saratoga is finding a hospital if I have problems during the three hour drive there as well as the drive back home after a long tiring weekend.  That could be risky since the problems I have been having are life-threatening.

Anyway, it was disappointing the miss Kenzie's figure skating dress rehearsal yesterday.  This consistently poor health is getting old and a bit worrisome at this point.


Comments