Lukey and Kenzie at ECHO

When we spent the day at Echo science and nature museum earlier in the week with little Miss Ellie, I naturally was reminded of our last visit to this museum.  Back in the summer of 2021, we brought Lukey and Kenzie there.  I don't think I ever shared any photos from that day so I guess sharing them late is better than not sharing them at all so here are a few from that day in 2021.

If I remember correctly, we brought Lukey and Kenzie up to the Burlington waterfront two or three days in a row that summer.  





The kids were able to do a local newscast in front of a green screen.  They had a few choices of backgrounds for this newscast.  We were able to email the videos they created to ourselves but the video quality was exceptionally poor.  If I remember correctly, the sound quality was so poor that it was mostly just noise.  The kids had fun creating their own news reports though...






The day before we went to this museum with Lukey and Kenzie, we went on a cruise on the Spirit of Ethan Allen which is the same date and time that is pictured on the monitor below.  Lukey and Kenzie were able to jog back and forth through time to see our cruise as we entered the Burlington Bay area.  Sheila is pointing to where we were sitting on the boat...


Kenzie is jogging through time in this video by spinning the wheel under her hand in the photo below...



This photo below is actually of the skeleton of a Beluga Whale that was found in our area.  In 1849, this skeleton was found by railroad workers in Charlotte, Vermont which is now situated on the east shore of Lake Champlain.  How did a whale end up in Vermont?  Well, more than 10,000 years ago, the Champlain Sea stretched from the Atlantic Ocean inward to Ontario.  

Unfortunately, I don't know much more than that but this fact does raise more questions in my mind...  Was the Champlain Sea dotted with the mountaintops of mountains in New Hampshire, Vermont and New York?  How deep was this sea?  Have other salt water sea animals been found in our area?  If other salt water animals have not been found, could this skeleton have been transported to the area by glacier?  How deeply buried was this skeleton when it was found?  










After we left the museum on this day, we went for a walk along the waterfront...


Not only did we walk a few miles each way, but we also stopped at each of the exercise stations along the way to do a little exercise...






This field by the boardwalk on the Burlington waterfront was a site that Lukey found very interesting.  A closeup photo of the marker sign follows next...




I find it interesting how my photography can vary from one visit to this museum to the next visit.  I think the photos shared here in this blog entry are a bit better than the photos I shared the other day of our most recent visit to this museum.  The camera was the same but the lens was different.  I think the biggest factor in how well I shoot photos is how I am feeling or how poorly I am feeling.  Recently, I have been feeling quite lousy and I think it shows in my photography.  It definitely shows in how well I write too.  



Comments