Ace's New Bike

Ace just recently had his second birthday and Gee and Papa gave him a new bike for his birthday.

We spent the whole day with Ace and Liza over the weekend.  All of us also spent the afternoon with the rest of the family at a local park.  Before we went to the park to meet with everyone else, we had some breakfast and then went for a walk while Ace rode along on his new bike.  He was pretty excited to be scooting around on his bike.

Ace and I went out to the road while Gee finished up the breakfast dishes so I got a few photos of him before the four of us started on our trek around the park...


When Gee and Liza were finally with us and ready to go, Ace seemed more interested in picking up small flowers and rocks.  He must have had a few of each in his pockets by the time we started on our walk around the park.  Liza must constantly find rocks in her washing machine!






Ace has been watching Lukey pop wheelies on his bike and so this was Ace's version of popping wheelies...










He only made it about two-thirds of the way around the park before his little legs could go no farther.  All of a sudden, he ran out of steam so he was carried the rest of the way back to the house.  Of course, Sophia got to ride in the stroller...


We got to spend the afternoon with Ellie and Whitney along with the rest of the Sayah family.  By the time we got home around dinnertime, I, myself, had run out of steam.  I think we just had cheese, summer sausage and crackers for dinner that night because I didn't have the energy to cook.

It was fun seeing Ace so excited about his new bike and it was nice to spend the day with him.  And, I got a bit of much-needed exercise that day too.  I've been having so much trouble with breathing and inflamed joints that I haven't even been doing much physical therapy this calendar year.  The grandchildren are good at getting me moving though!



Comments