Another COVID Update

I'm still feeling mediocre...  not great, not terrible, sometimes feeling "fair", sometimes feeling lousy, from one to the other in waves...  overall, however, I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday so that is good.  

My throat is still a bit sore and my stomach isn't the best.  I don't have much of an appetite.  My eyelids are puffy interfering with my peripheral vision which is a symptom I experienced my first time with COVID in 2020.  My headache seems to be gone and fever is mostly gone but I'm still taking full doses of cold meds though and they have heavy doses of acetaminophen in them so that is likely taking care of any mild discomfort and fever.  I assume the cold meds are minimizing my runny nose too.  

Even though I am feeling better than yesterday, I'm still not well though.

Sheila, on the other hand, is getting worse even though she is still testing negative for COVID.  I suspect she does have the virus.  She never left the couch today which is highly unusual for her.   She slept a bit, she has a headache, she has a mild fever that comes and goes, she is sneezing, coughing, she says she has a really odd taste in her mouth, her eyes are bloodshot and glassy...  I'd say she is fighting off something and, since I am confirmed positive for COVID, it is likely that she has COVID too.

She will continue testing each day though.  I believe she will be calling her doctor in the morning.

If she does test positive, we'll attempt to get her on an anti-viral medication too.  Maybe her doctor will prescribe it anyway.  It seems to be helping me.  Plus, our COVID vaccinations and boosters are current so I'm sure this is also playing into why I am feeling halfway decently.  

Our Christmas Day today was exceptionally quiet, low-key, and quite uneventful.  We spent the day on the couch watching Christmas movies we've seen a million times already.  

We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Comments