This Year's Christmas Tree

Sometime last night, I realized that I had not yet captured any photographs of our Christmas tree and ornaments this year.  I figured I should jump on that since I won't have any time between now and Christmas so, if I don't do it now, then Christmas will have passed by the time I can get to it again.

We (mostly "I") feel like the tree is missing something and I actually feel the same way every year with every Christmas tree even after adding a little more to it each year but I've had difficulty figuring out what still might be missing.  I'm not a fan of most types of garland and I definitely hate tinsel so I know it is not missing these things.  It is possible it needs more ornaments in the way of more styles of decorative glass ornaments.  Our Christmas tree will most definitely never have items/characters from movies so that is out.  I'm not a fan of 'crafty' or 'country' type stuff either.  Maybe I'll figure out what is missing one of these days but I'm thinking we need more styles of glass ornaments.

What I do know is that I'm sort of thankful this time of year that we have a low ceiling though!  If we had 12 foot ceilings, I know I'd have a 10-11 tree.  If we had a cathedral ceiling, we'd have an even taller tree!  A bigger tree means we would need significantly more ornaments than we have on hand now.

Here is this year's Christmas tree and some of the ornaments...





This Air Force ornament was purchased when Adam went into the Air Force so it has always been a reminder of him and, of course, it is related to my own career so I suppose it still loosely belongs...  sort of, anyway...












We have some trains on the mantle next to the Christmas tree so here are a couple of photos of that...



At this point, I think we are all anxiously anticipating our Christmas trip to Manhattan.  We have a few people keeping an eye on the house and taking care of a few things while we're gone.  And, we can monitor the house through home automation devices and apps as well as by viewing and recording through security cameras around the house and property.  Plus, we have a new furnace so we're expecting that to work flawlessly while we are away...  unlike our old furnace which was nothing but major problems through last winter.

Sheila is healing nicely after her figure skating fall last week.  My health has been relatively stable and my physical therapy has been consistent.  Good things to have going for you before your first trip in about four years and after a year that saw me in the hospital far too many times!

Other than straightening up the house and packing, I believe we are ready for our Christmas!  Oh...  and we're waiting on Lukey and Kenzie to get here before we can all hop on the train.

Merry Christmas! 


Comments