More Cancelled Plans

We were supposed to attend Kenzie's annual figure skating show last night.  Normally, I would be the one shooting photos and video of the event. Unfortunately, I was feeling quite lousy all day long with a sore throat and generally feeling pretty weak and miserable.  By mid-afternoon, I had a fever (yet again) so I tested myself for COVID again since we were supposed to be meeting with a lot of people at the show.  

I tested negative, which I suppose is a good thing, but these symptoms as well as the fever are the same as I have been fighting since testing positive just before Christmas.  Plus, I'm simply feeling pretty miserable most of the time.  I have occasional good moments but I'm feeling less-than-good far more often.  It has been a long couple of months.  

Considering my sore throat and the fever, I knew I should stay home rather than risk passing whatever I have on to someone else.  Plus, I knew that wearing myself down more by wandering from the house, keeping busy shooting photos and simply attending the figure skating show would only make my health worse.  I definitely don't need that.  I'm having a hard enough time getting in front of this virus.  

On the positive side, I did attend Kenzie's figure skating competition on Saturday.  Saturday was her competition and Sunday was her show.  It seems as though attending Saturday's competition was too much for my health though.  I was feeling pretty good on Saturday which is why we went to the rink but it seems I overdid it.

I don't seem to go more than a couple of days of feeling pretty good before I rebound back to a fever and other symptoms.  



Today (Monday), I'm mostly just exhausted.  My sore throat seems to gone so that is good.  I haven't had a fever yet today either.  The fevers usually come on later in the day though so we'll see what happens later.

What I do know is that I've been struggling with this virus more often than not since the first time I developed it back in early 2020.  Being stuck at home isn't a problem but feeling lousy for so long and consequently accomplishing very little is a problem.


Comments