Still Mostly Couchbound

The pain from my spine and down my right leg that has been keeping me couchbound over the past couple of weeks is slowly improving but I am still mostly couchbound.  

I've managed to wander the house for very short periods today.  I even was able to sit at the piano for very short sessions last night and today.  Almost all of my days, however, are still spent on the couch swapping out ice packs.  

I managed to stay in bed for eight hours last night.  I eventually got up at 5am so I could take my morning dose of medications and put some ice on my spine.  

Late last night, I switched to taking Dual Action Advil and then I took it once this morning.  It is clear to me that this stuff is only a fraction as good as Aleve for me.  I don't think I'll be use the Advil again.  That was a complete waste of money and it cost me a bit in pain.  I'll be going back to Aleve with my bedtime dose of medications.  

This evening, I was able to feel around along my spine to figure out the source of my problem.  It seems that the source of the pain is in my lumbar spine...  which was the area of my first line-of-duty spinal injury.  I don't know what I did to aggravate it to this level but this is the source of this inflammation.  When I put some mild pressure on one disk in my lumbar spine, I can trigger pain down my right leg which is indeed the exact pain I have been experiencing.  

I guess this will require a bit more time to heal.  I've already started slowly easing into some physical therapy but it may be a little too soon.  As long as I don't "cross the line", I should be okay.  Of course, I'll continue with the Aleve and swapping out ice packs hourly.  

All that being said, I'm hoping this heals most of the way within the next few days.

Comments