Back to the Truss Bridge

I'm still feeling rather lousy so I stayed indoors again today.  I happened to find a small project to keep me busy for a short while so that was good.

Since the time that I felt I had finished painting the new truss bridge for my little garden railroad, I've been thinking something isn't right.  I couldn't put my finger on it but I was left feeling the something wasn't right.  Part of me thinks the color isn't exactly right even though I've painted it and repainted it about a half dozen times.  I don't know if I should go lighter with the green or go darker toward a greenish charcoal.  I also realized that maybe I'm just feeling as though it is not "complete" yet and needs more detail.  

In an attempt to add more detail to this truss bridge, this morning I decided to order some brass stock and tiny round head brass nails to add some detail to this bridge.  I plan to cut the brass stock into shapes depicted by the white paper in the photo below.  These white paper plates will be my templates for cutting the brass stock.  These will be plates holding the joints of the bridge together.  The round head brass nails will be the huge bolts going through these plates and holding the joints together.  


Once I get this detail added, then I'll decide on what to do with the paint job.  I'll need to paint the brass plates and bolts I'm adding to these joints anyway so after install these additional brass details would be the time to fine tune the paint job.  

The brass stock and the brass round head nails should arrive on Thursday or Friday.  I'm looking forward to this next phase of this custom model bridge.  




Comments