Hectic But Productive

I had a hectic but productive day today.  I was pulled from one project to another project in mid-project over and over again today but I eventually got back to each project so I'd say I had a productive day.

My main plan for today was to get back to working on the truss bridge I am building for our garden railroad but I kept getting interrupted.

Our roads have been dug up for the past few months as they install a new water main.  They have already finished our road so the next crew is now coming by to run the water from the new main to our house.  So, while I was working on the brass truss plates for my model truss bridge, I was interrupted by someone from these crews working on the water.  He wanted to prep our house for connection so I helped him with that for a bit.  That is a whole other story that I don't want to get into at the moment so I'll get back to my day.

After helping the guy at the front of our house, I went back to working on the truss plates.  Fortunately, I managed to get all 24 truss plates cut to their specified dimensions and shapes.  However, this truss plate project is still not fully completed since I still need to pull out my drill press to drill the necessary holes in these truss plates.  I had far too many interruptions today so I never got to that task today.  

I also had to do some work on two of our security cameras.  I managed to get that accomplished easily but it took up some time and energy.  Then I pulled out the lawn mower to mow the lawn.  I haven't done anything with the lawn for weeks due to lousy weather and even lousier health so it actually needed two passes...  the first pass cut higher than I like and the second pass to cut it down to the correct height.  Our lawn was also completely covered in leaves so our mulching lawnmower made easy work of making these leaves disappear.  The weather was great today and I was feeling relatively well so this was the day to clean up the lawn and I happened to get this accomplished too so that's good.  

By the time I put all the tools away and showered, it was time to get started on dinner.  I made Salisbury Steak for dinner...  it was pretty good!

One of the lingering and frustrating problems with being pulled in different directions in mid-project is that it then leaves multiple projects in mid-project for more than a day (or weeks) so I end up with multiple messes in and around the house.  

Here is a photo of our back lawn looking toward the garden with the garden railroad...




Oh yeah...  it is only the first week of October and I had to resort to turning on the heat for the first time this season!  It was 39° outside this morning when I got up out of bed.  I was going to just turn on the kitchen stove for a bit to cut the chill but it was just a little too chilly and still a little too cold outside to use the stove for this.  Instead, I turned on the furnace.  It was cold enough outside this morning that the furnace ran through a few cycles this morning before the sun warmed things up enough and that would have been too much for the kitchen stove to accomplish.

Comments