Health Delays

The last real progress made on the fireplace...
concrete backer-board for the tile...
Well, just about everything is on hold now.  My health has hit its limit with this living room/fireplace project and Christmas preparations.

Compounding my problems is the fact that we are expected to have icy road conditions for the next few days which means there is little chance I will get up to Williston and South Burlington for more building supplies, presents, etc.  Of course, if I lack the energy for this it doesn't matter much.

My health has crashed quickly this time.  I managed to have a fairly productive morning but then I seemed to hit a wall.  I didn't even have the energy to clean up anything at all.  I just laid down for a few hours and then figured I needed to jump back into working on cutting tile for the fireplace...  no luck. I couldn't even think straight.

I needed to measure things multiple times... over and over again... I couldn't draw a straight line nor cut on a line... I couldn't find tools that were right in front of me... even after all the measuring I had to do over and over, I still cut things the wrong size, crooked, and... well... you get the idea. I was just wasting more precious energy for no reason.

So, this project is now just one step above being 'on hold'.  I suppose we could say it is in super slow motion now, at best.

This leaves us with no Christmas tree...  no Christmas decorations inside the house...  few presents...  none wrapped... and no energy.  On the positive side, I am just having energy and cognitive issues rather than more dangerous anaphylaxia and more debilitating neurological symptoms.  

If I am careful with my energy management, rest as my health needs, and work hard at checking off things to do...  I'll be ready for Christmas in late February....

Comments

Post a Comment