Frigid Outside... but Beautiful

The wind chill outside is now at -20 degrees but it is sunny and clear out there!  It looks really nice from the living room window so I decided to pick up one of my cameras to shoot a few photos.  

These photos are shot with my old camera body with the Kodak sensor in it.  I love the color tonality and depth that this sensor produces.  What I don't like is that I really should be using this particular camera body on a tripod because it does not have any image stabilization capabilities.  My shot of the mountains has a bit of camera shake in it so it is not as sharp as it should be...

I had opened the window in the living room so I could shoot the photo of the mountains without shooting through the dirty glass window...  Turns out the heat that was escaping the house through the open window was causing those visual jello-type waves you see coming off hot pavement in the summer!  So, I had to step outside to shoot the photo of the mountains.  Yes, it is cold out there!

Hope you are all keeping warm!






Wow...  Blogspot (Google) really compresses the hell out of these photos...  I get all sorts of gradient banding and compression artifacts in my photos which are not in my original files! I think they over-sharpen, over-saturate and over-compress all photos that are uploaded. This is really a very poor place to show photos...









The snow on the deck...  love snow so fluffy you can actually see the individual flakes!






Ornament on the Christmas tree...  Yes, the tree is still in the living room
and not going anywhere anytime soon!


Comments