Recovery Time After A Busy Saturday

The past few days, Sunday through Tuesday, have been spent recovering from a busy day over the weekend. Whenever I use a lot of energy, my health really suffers and it can take days or weeks to recover. This past Saturday was a very busy day for me and I used a lot of energy which was compounded by missing my much-needed daily nap.

Even on a good day, I need to lay down for a few hours every afternoon. That never happened on Saturday though. So... what happens if I wear myself down?

The best case scenario would be that I am simply fatigued at an overwhelming level for a few days. This fatigue makes just showering or cooking for myself impossible at times. Sometimes the fatigue gets so bad that walking to the other side of the house is a daunting task. Even reading can require more energy than I have to use!

Worst case scenario would be that in addition to the overwhelming fatigue, my overall health suffers significantly resulting in breathing difficulties, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, vision problems, coordination issues, gastro-intestinal issues and pain, as well as terrible bone and joint pain... all leading to life-threatening anaphylaxis.

In this case, today, I am mostly struggling with overwhelming fatigue but the bone and joint pain is pretty lousy too. I've had some relatively minor breathing issues on and off the past few days too. Oh yeah...  and, I've had some relatively minor gastro-intestinal issues, on and off, as well. The symptoms have come and gone, never more than two at a time, so things have been relatively good and stable. That being said, I've been throwing some extra medications at all of this to try to keep everything in control and avoid anaphylaxis. If I lose control of my health and anaphylaxis suddenly strikes, things get dangerous. Obviously, anaphylaxis is dangerous so I need to stay at least one step ahead of my health crashing into anaphylaxis.

Mostly though, I am left completely exhausted...

It really was a great Saturday though...

But, I could use some extra spoons....


Comments