Spackling... Finished

Spackling finished... wainscoting will come up to a height
of 42 inches so the bottom will be covered rather than painted.
The weather is lousy enough today that I don't feel comfortable pulling all my expensive shop power tools out of the shed to start on finish carpentry for our half bath project. Instead, I decided to document where we are at in the project as of today.

Waste plumbing is finished... flooring tile is finished... supply plumbing is roughed-in but still need to add three valves after the wainscoting is installed... electrical is finished... drywall is finished...  and now spackling is finished.

My health has been poor over the past few days so I accomplished very little this week. I did, however, manage to get a coat of joint compound on the drywall each day. Since it is a very small room, that only required about 15 minutes of work each day. So, at least that has been accomplished this week. 

Note:  I'm out of practice with my spackling...  What normally should require only three coats really needed four coats for me. The finished product, when painted, should look great though!

Another thing I managed to get accomplished today was to build some extensions for my table saw guides. I have some plywood to rip so I need a rip fence extension. This was the first thing I put together. I will also need a miter gauge extension. The miter gauges that come with table saws are garbage, generally speaking, and I don't think you could ever have a long enough miter gauge. Today I remedied that issue by adding a larger/longer face to my miter gauge. For some other projects, I think I may have to resort to building a miter sled at some point.

Although not much is getting accomplished inside the bathroom, I did manage to get a little bit accomplished in preparation of some future finish work.




Spackling finished... switch box extension primed... Also of note, the middle switch
is a delayed timer for the fan...  you press the button corresponding to the amount
of time you want the fan to continue to run... or press the big button
to toggle 'on' or 'off'...  nice piece of electronics!



Miter gauge extension...



Rip fence extension for ripping plywood into strips for wainscoting.



Comments