A Warning From Our Resident Cat

My health has been pretty lousy this past week with various issues overlapping each day. Overall, I've been feeling worn out, weak, and just generally lousy. I've had problems intermittently with breathing, dizziness, stomach/gastro-intestinal, nausea, vision, bone pain, joint pain, spleen pain, cognitive function, bordering on anaphylaxis, and probably a few other things I have forgotten about right now. It has just been a rather lousy week.

I laid down this afternoon for my daily two to four hour nap. Adam had his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so we were all already camped out on the couch all day so I just napped on the couch while Sheila and Adam continued to watch television.

Our neighbor's two cats spend much of their time every day at our place and today was no different. Before I fell asleep, I saw one of the cats pass back and forth outside. Since seeing the cats coming and going is something I see everyday, I didn't think much of it. 

When I awoke from my nap, I was feeling quite miserable. I hate waking up feeling worse than when I laid down. I nap so that I can feel better, not worse! Unfortunately, this trend seemed like a common theme this week though. I really felt miserable when I awoke this afternoon after two hours of sleeping. When I saw the clock and realized I had been asleep for a solid two hours, I was shocked... I really thought I had only slept for about 20 minutes.

The first thing I do when I awake from this afternoon nap everyday is take my dinnertime dose of medications. As I was taking my medications, Adam started laughing (which was a good sign for him since he had has wisdome teeth pulled yesterday) telling me about the cat. Apparently, one of our resident cats was right outside the closest window... up on hind legs, peering in the window... watching... then sitting down below the window...  then back up on hind legs peering in the window watching me sleep... this apparently continued for twenty minutes as I slept. Adam and Sheila thought this behavior was amusing but I've seen this behavior before and I have a good idea of what it means...

Dogs and cats seem to have an innate ability to pick up on serious health issues in people. Dogs are actually used to warn of impending anaphylaxis in patients with my illness. I've experienced this behavior in pets many times throughout my life. Personally, I think it has to do with the energies or auras we exude. Our pets pick up on this and will exhibit empathy and concern toward us during periods of low energy and weak, dull auras.

Considering how I felt when I awoke from this nap this afternoon, I know my health must have crashed during my nap... perhaps I experienced anaphylaxis in my sleep... perhaps I had all sorts of other issues going on in my body... all I know is that I truly felt miserable when I awoke. Then Adam and Sheila told me our resident cat was keeping a close eye on me as I slept. I took this as confirmation of some significantly poor health which should concern all of us. 

As I mentioned above, this type of thing has happened to me often and especially since developing this insidious illness. Whenever I camp out on the couch, feeling miserable, our resident cat parks itself on our deck right outside the closest door or window. This cat will get up on hind legs just to peer in and watch me... intently and carefully... I will be watched for hours and, until I am feeling a bit better, I am accompanied by this cat.

To me, this visit today which Adam and Sheila thought was a bit amusing, was a clear sign that my health was particularly poor. I figured that perhaps I should tell Sheila what I think this behavior means and that I should be awoken immediately whenever this happens in the future.

I've had some interesting experiences with a neighborhood squirrel too but that story will have to wait for another time when I am feeling better and have more energy.

Now, time to get some more sleep... I hope tomorrow is a better day...


Comments