An Upcoming Train Show in Winooski

A couple of weeks ago, Sheila and I ventured down to Rutland for an annual train show. We expected to only be brief spectators checking out the operating model railroads at this show but ended up coming home with a very large box of trains! All in all, it was a nice trip. The guy who sold us the big box of trains was telling us about another train show he is organizing in Winooski. 

Unfortunately, this train show in Winooski always conflicts with an annual Christmas dinner that Sheila and I attend with close friends so I really have no experience with this show nor will we be able to attend this year's show. The funny thing is I always see this show advertised but we just never seem to get there. Although, I think I did attend this show once or twice since moving to Vermont almost 20 years ago.

While we were talking with John (the guy who sold us the box of trains), he had asked if we would pass along info about this annual train show. He seemed like a really nice guy and I certainly understand the amount of work that goes into organizing an event such as this... and I respect the amount of work that goes into organizing and managing an event such as this... so I thought I would pass along the info here in my blog.

First off, I want to point out that like many train shows, this show is not just a train show but is also a benefit for a worthy cause. In this case, the Winooski Train Show benefits the "Winooski Dollars for Scholars" program. Each year, this great program awards $15,000-18,000 to Winooski students pursuing higher education. As is the case with other benefit train shows we attend each year, this is a wonderful cause and an additional reason to get out on a weekend to enjoy some model trains!

Admission is only $5 for adults, $1 for children under 12 years old and all children under 6 years old get in for free! Parking is free. This show has operating model railroads, toys, LEGOs, vendor tables, and is a show for all model railroad scales and gauges. Additionally, the food concession is to benefit Winooski High School's student activities.

So, mark Saturday, December 6th on your calendar... 10am to 3pm... at the Winooski Educational Center in Winooski, VT.  



The 'box of trains' we bought at the Rutland show...
spanning the length of our mantle.


Comments