Finished Half Bath

Leading up to Christmas, I had finished the new half bathroom (I finished it on Christmas Eve just before Sheila arrived home from work) but I just realized that I never did shoot any photos of the finish room. I had already shown some photos of this project but those previous photos did not show the ceiling trim being finished.

Actually, my previous photos purposely avoided showing the ceiling because none of the trim was installed yet. Now that the trim is installed, I should shoot and post some photos of this project before it is looking a bit rundown.

I had some exposed plumbing running across the ceiling over the pedestal sink that needed to be hidden somehow. I decided to hide it by building and installing a faux beam around the plumbing. This plumbing was the hot and cold supply pipes running to the kitchen. 

I also hung a few photos... added a wastebasket... and some accessories. We 'settled' for this particular wastebasket because we could not find one even close to what we envisioned for this room. I'll probably end up making a wastebasket before long.

Now, if I can get to the rest of the house and make it look just as nice as this tiny half bathroom! Until I can pull all my shop tools out of the shed and into the backyard, all renovations are on hold. Right now the backyard is buried under a few feet of snow. I don't anticipate that snow being gone until late April or early May so nothing more will get accomplished on the house until that time. 

Besides... my health is still recovering from this project and a few family events... and, I need to rest up for a few more family events which are approaching very quickly!



















Comments