Poor Health Again Tonight

I am on a roll... or tumble... and the hill I am tumbling down seems to be much bigger than I had originally thought. My health began its roll down this hill a few weeks ago and it just continues to tumble downhill.

I slept for about four hours this afternoon and felt pretty good when I awoke. I honestly thought it would be a night of good health and feeling well. Within a half hour things started to deteriorate and things deteriorated rather quickly.

First was the nausea... In hindsight, I should have taken this as a sign of impending doom. To make a long story short, I didn't realize that my health had crashed into brief anaphylaxis until my body responded naturally. I had missed all the signs. My body responding naturally to anaphylaxis is a good thing though! It isn't something I like to or should test but it is a good thing!

Sometimes, either I am not thinking clearly enough to catch these signs... or, I am feeling so well that impending doom with my health seems so far fetched that the thought doesn't even enter my mind quickly enough... or, the symptoms that do present themselves do so very subtly and spread out over a longer period of time. Tonight, my symptoms presented themselves slowly over time plus I was feeling pretty good when I awoke from my long nap so I think I was caught off guard too. 

It wasn't until I felt palpitations and my face burning that I realized my health had crashed. My heart was now responding with tachycardia and palpitations to make up for the dangerous drop in blood pressure... referred to as idiopathic anaphylaxis because the anaphylaxis presents itself for no known reason... my face was now badly flushed and feeling like it was painfully sunburned.

Even now, I am still feeling flushed with a burning sensation and a bit dizzy. Breathing is a bit difficult. Nausea is still gnawing at me. My face feels so flushed that I feel as though I should be blistering!  I suspect my blood pressure is sort of slowly see-sawing back and forth as I try to stabilize my health with medications.  

Regardless of how this poor health has presented itself, I am now promised a day or two of recovery... a day or two of difficulty accomplishing anything at all... and another extension to my few weeks of consistently rather poor health. 

Maybe I will attempt another small art project...



EDIT (the following morning):  My health worsened after posting this blog entry. The nausea turned into stomach/lower gastro-intestinal cramps and pain... sick in the bathroom for a while... then post-episode issues such as violent shivering, weak, pain... fun times.


Comments