Progress on Stone Pathway

I am just now getting back into a groove at home which finds me making some progress in our home renovations. As everyone already knows, much of this is completely dependent upon my health. I only manage to get a little bit accomplished each month.

Not only do I struggle with my spinal injuries when trying to accomplish things around the house, but I also struggle with Systemic Mastocytosis. Avoiding anaphylaxis is a top priority which means avoiding overdoing it, staying hydrated, staying medicated with a huge cocktail of medications, and trying not to overheat my body. There are many things which can cause my health to become unstable and ruin my week... or month... and any activity compounds this risk. 

You can't really see it in this small photo but all that dirt between
the stones is now seeded for grass. 
This weekend, however, I managed to make some headway on our stone pathway that connects the house to the area where I intend to build an outdoor kitchen grilling area. Sheila and I are both excited to have a working kitchen out in the yard, under cover, which we can utilize year-round. 

So, the good news is I made some progress on this project. The bad news is that this project has derailed our 'to-do' list for the house. These backyard projects were supposed to be down the list after all the interior projects. Unfortunately, our grill bit the dust and we needed a new one. Putting the money into a new grill meant building a protected area to keep it out of the weather so the outdoor kitchen project bumped a number of other projects on our 'to-do' list. 

Rearranging this 'to-do' list happens so often that managing this list alone is becoming tiresome. Today, however, it is nice to see that stone pathway completed!

This new stone path should blend in nicely with our existing stone pathway to the backdoor.  


Comments